Tuesday, March 31, 2009
With all of the advertising hype for the new movie Monsters vs. Aliens the boys insisted on seeing the movie in 3D and the local theater was only showing the traditional version, so off to the Rave we go on opening day no-less (Friday 3/27), the showing was a total sell out, we’re like in the front row looking straight up, but it wasn’t bad they enjoyed the movie and the 3D was cool even from the front row. There are several more 3D movies coming out this summer so looks like more trips to Little Rock. I don’t know why the local theater doesn't show 3D’s, does it require a special projection system? If so I wish they would get one. RealD 3D is the new wave in animation and unlike the old time 3D glasses like used with Jaws 3 3D or Friday the 13th Part III 3D (showing my age a little) you know with the red and blue lenses and paper frames which made the movie's colors all weird, the new polarized glasses with plastic frames fit and feel much like sunglasses and let the true color shine right through.
Saturday, March 14, 2009
More on the Klove Cruise - the cruise was great but what really made it special was getting to mingle with the artist. The boys ran into the guys from Third Day by the pool on Grand Turk and we ran into Brandon Heath every-time we turned around. It was not unusual to run into band members at the (24 hour) ice cream machine, in the elevator or even in the chase-lounge next to you on the lido deck.
10 things we learned:
Klove Cruise 2010?
- If you think your going to be seasick, take your medication before you sail.
- Pack light, recycle.
- Bring your own over-the-counter medication, they sell it on the ship but its $$$.
- Complete your pre-registration online 72 hours before sailing.
- Your cellphone will work on board but at offshore roaming rates (Still way way cheaper then using the room phone).
- Take a camera to muster-call.
- Noah adds, “Be careful not to hit your putt-putt golf ball overboard”, like he did.
- See the sunrise and sunset.
- Get your monies worth, do all you can, catch all of the shows -- you can sleep when you get home.